Slow Cooker Chili (31 Days: Day 4)

Everyone has their own chili recipe. This is mine. Not too spicy, not completely bland.

You'll need chili ready diced tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies,  canned kidney beans, three pounds of ground beef, and chili seasoning.


Brown your ground beef in a skillet. I use a potato masher to help crumble the meat up. It makes it a lot easier.


Drain your ground beef.


Drain and rinse your beans. Add beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning and meat to your slow cooker.



Stir everything together and cook on low for 4-6 hours, to let all the vegetables and meat get permeated with chili flavor. (Or you could cook until it's heated through, since the meat is already cooked.)


That's it. Serve with saltine crackers, grilled cheese sandwiches, or cornbread. I like to top mine with a little shredded cheese, also.

Ready? Let's recap all that.

Ingredients:
3 pounds ground beef
2 cans chili ready diced tomatoes
1 can regular petite diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (A.K.A. Ro-Tel)
2 cans kidney beans
2 packs chili seasoning

Directions:
1. Brown crumbled ground beef in a skillet. Drain.

2. Drain and rinse two cans kidney beans.

3. Throw everything in the slow cooker. Set the temperature on low and walk away for 4-6 hours.

4. Serve with saltine crackers, grilled cheese sandwiches or cornbread. Top with shredded cheese if desired.

There. Easy, and delicious. Just what you need to warm you up on a crisp Autumn evening.

What do you like to put in your chili? Do you use anything different to top yours with?

***Please note, I have listed the links for days 5 and 6 on my 31 Days of Food lists, but the links will not be active until 12:00 AM on October 5 and 6. We have doctor's appointments for my boyfriend (100 miles away from our home, one-way) and I will not be available to add the links on those days. I want you to have access to the links from both the 31 Days of Food blog post and 31 Days of Food page my blog menu links to, so I'm posting the links early. Think of it as a surprise sneak peak at the next couple of recipes.

**Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with the companies that own the products pictured in any way. That's just the brands I happened to have in my kitchen when I cooked these. If another brand had been on sale cheaper the day I bought these ingredients, then that's what I would have bought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG