Breakfast Tacos (31 Days: Day 3)

I've brought you two dinner recipes, now it's time for a breakfast recipe.

Breakfast in our house is usually some kind of eggs (fried, scrambled, boiled) with some kind of bread (usually toast). Often, I will make a egg sandwich with my fried or scrambled eggs. One day, I wanted something different. I searched the fridge and came up with some tortillas, eggs, shredded cheese, salsa, leftover diced tomatoes and leftover taco meat. I pondered the wisdom of the experiment upon which I was about to embark. I decided leftover taco meat should be a good substitute for crumbled sausage in a breakfast burrito, and began cracking eggs. this is the result.

You will need flour tortillas, eggs, shredded cheese, salsa, leftover diced tomatoes and leftover taco meat (I know, I've already given out that list above. I just wanted to reiterate.)

Beat eggs and add to a skillet over medium heat. Add the taco meat and tomatoes. Scramble.


Divide eggs among flour tortillas.


Top with shredded cheese and salsa. Roll up and serve.


These were good! They were also a good way to use up the little bit of taco meat we had left from dinner the night before (it MIGHT have been enough for ONE taco).

To recap:
Ingredients:
8 eggs
about 1 cup of leftover taco meat
about 1/2 cup leftover diced tomatoes
4 flour tortillas, burrito size
shredded cheese
salsa

Directions:
1. Beat eggs. Pour into skillet over medium heat. Add taco meat and tomatoes. Cook until eggs are done.

2. Divide eggs between four tortillas. Top with salsa and shredded cheese. Serve warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG